The Common, One-Time Use, Plastic, Destructive Straw
- When looking at damage to the oceans and marine life, plastic straws are in the top 10 contributors.
- Every day, the United States alone utilizes, and quickly disposes of, millions of plastic straws. Over 500 million to be exact.
- 99% of the drinking-straw market is detrimentally plastic straws.
- Given their small and strange size, most machines used for recycling, cannot recycle, plastic straws.
- The shores coastline has an estimated 500 million – 8 billion plastic straws, scattered around the planet, causing pollution and a mess to the planet, as well as damaging the quality of life of marine organisms.